Biopect is an all-natural anti-scour prebiotic product containing pectins, electrolytes and dextrose – for the prevention and treatment of scours in calves, lambs, kids, foals and piglets.
It is a non-medicated scours treatment and does not contain antibiotics*.
Biopect is ideal for feeding to calves and other young stock to encourage and maintain good gut health – promoting a healthy digestive tract and immune system. It also provides them with an energy boost which helps those at risk of, or recovering from, digestive disturbances such as diarrhoea.
Easy to administer, Biopect can be fed in milk, milk replacer or in water. Feed to young animals (calves, lambs, kids, foals or piglets) after periods of risk, such as stress from:
- transportation and new environment
- change in diet
- adverse weather conditions
- dirty housing
- and any situation where animals are at risk of scours
How does Biopect work?
Biopect contains electrolytes, energy and pectins:
- Pectins and other fibres from dried fruit and pulp form a protective gel-like layer in the intestines
- Electrolytes replenish essential mineral salts
- Glucose provides energy and aids in the absorption of electrolytes.
- For maintaining gut health in calves, lambs, kids, foals and piglets
- Contains plant fibres, glucose and electrolytes
- No need to remove milk or milk replacer from diet during treatment
- Available in 2.5kg, 5kg and 25kg
Biopect treatment schedules
Lambs, kids, foals and piglets
|50g/kg milk replacer|
NOTE: Please contact your veterinarian for advice if stock have infectious scours (eg. temperature over 39.5°C), or if scours are severe and/or diarrhoea persists.
*Biopect is not recognised as an organic product.