Sprayfo Primo Lamb milk replacer is a premium whey-based milk replacer suitable for 2-3-day old lambs* under New Zealand's environmental conditions. It is the only specially formulated lamb whey milk replacer currently available in New Zealand.
Sprayfo Primo Lamb milk replacer is a non-curding milk replacer. It also contains what we term a ‘safety package’ - consisting of:
- an acid mix for a healthy abomasum
- Immuno Active+ for a higher level of resistance
- Villi Vital + probiotic for healthy small intestines
- And a prebiotic for stable flora in the large intestines.
Sprayfo Primo Lamb milk replacer contains hydrolysed wheat protein. Hydrolysed wheat protein is proven to have better digestive properties than other commonly used protein sources such as soy and therefore offers a safer option for young lambs.
Produced with micronised encapsulated fat, Sprayfo Primo Lamb will enhance lamb growth, with less risk of scouring and better solubility. The make-up also ensures better suspension - important when used in an adlib feeding system - and less fat build up in equipment.
* Lambs should be fed colostrum for the first 2-3 days to boost their natural immune system.
Sprayfo Primo Lamb milk replacer
- NZ’s leading milk replacer for lambs; the only non-curding product currently available
- Can be fed directly after colostrum
- Whey protein & hydrolysed wheat protein aids digestibility
- Dissolves easily, even in cold water
- Superior suspension – won’t drop out of solution
- Excellent for use in automatic machines
- Available in 20kg bags
Recommended feeding schedule for lambs
Always ensure each animal has adequate intake of colostrum in first 12 hours’ post birth (approx. 10% of its body weight).
- Always follow feeding instructions
- Heat all required water to 40-42°C
- Start stirring water, then slowly add milk replacer powder, mixing for 2 to 4 minutes**
- Best drinking temperature 38-39°C
** Mix to make up a litre, NOT on top of a litre, eg. add 160g milk powder to 840mL water to make 1L milk replacer. This is an approximation.
Total MILK REPLACER per day
|Day 1||6 x 60mls||Colostrum||360mL|
|Days 2-4||4 x 125mL||160-200g/L||500mL|
|Days 5-7||4 x 150mL||160-200g/L||600mL|
|Days 8-10||4 x 200mL||160-200g/L||800mL|
|Days 11-15||3 x 300mL||160-200g/L/td>||900mL|
|Week 3||2 x 600mL||160-200g/L||1200mL|
|Week 4-6||2 x 700mL||160-200g/L||1400mL|
|Week 7||2 x 500mL||160-200g/L||1000mL|
|Week 8||1 x 500mL||160-200g/L||500mL|
Weaning can start when animals are a minimum of 6 weeks, a minimum of 12kg AND consuming a minimum of 200g concentrates per animal per day:
- Slowly reduce concentration of milk replacer of overall volume consumed over 1-2 week period
- Continue feeding concentrates at 500g – 1kg per day for at least a month.