Sprayfo Primo Goat Kid milk replacer is a premium whey-based milk replacer suitable for 2-3-day old goat kids* under New Zealand’s environmental conditions. It is the only specially formulated goat kid whey milk replacer currently available in New Zealand.
Sprayfo Primo Goat Kid milk replacer is a non-curding milk replacer. It also contains what we term a ‘safety package’ – consisting of:
- an acid mix for a healthy abomasum
- Immuno Active+ for a higher level of resistance
- Villi Vital + probiotic for healthy small intestines
- And a prebiotic for stable flora in the large intestines.
Sprayfo Primo Goat Kid milk replacer contains hydrolysed wheat protein. Hydrolysed wheat protein is proven to have better digestive properties than other commonly used protein sources such as soy and therefore offers a safer option for young goat kids.
Produced with micronised encapsulated fat, Sprayfo Primo Kid will enhance kid growth, with less risk of scouring and better solubility. The make-up also ensures better suspension – important when used in an adlib feeding system – and less fat build up in equipment.
* Goat kids should be fed colostrum for the first 2-3 days to boost their natural immune system.
Sprayfo Primo Kid milk replacer
- NZ’s leading milk replacer for goat kids; the only non-curding product currently available
- Can be fed directly after colostrum
- Whey protein & hydrolysed wheat protein aids digestibility
- Dissolves easily, even in cold water
- Superior suspension – won’t drop out of solution
- Excellent for use in automatic machines
- Available in 25kg bags
Recommended feeding schedule for goat kids
Always ensure each animal has adequate intake of colostrum in first 12 hours’ post birth (approx. 10% of its body weight).
- Always follow feeding instructions
- Heat all required water to 40-42°C
- Start stirring water, then slowly add milk replacer powder, mixing for 2 to 4 minutes**
- Best drinking temperature 38-39°C
** Mix to make up a litre, NOT on top of a litre, eg. add 160g milk powder to 840mL water to make 1L milk replacer. This is an approximation.
Mix 160-200g Sprayfo Primo per litre of water
Ensure that you always follow machine manufacturing instructions, particularly for:
- Set up
- Feeding capacity/numbers
- Mixing temperature
Total Milk Replacer/day
|Days 1 & 2||4 x 150-200mL||Colostrum||600-800mL colostrum|
|Day 3||3 x 200mL||160-200g/L||600mL|
|Days 4-7||3 x 250mL||160-200g/L||750mL|
|Days 8 & 9||3 x 300mL||160-200g/L||900mL|
|Day 10||3 x 400mL||160-200g/L||1200mL|
|Days 11-14||2 x 600mL||160-200g/L||1200mL|
|Week 3-6||2 x 800mL||160-200g/L||1600mL|
|Week 7||2 x 600mL||160-200g/L||1200mL|
|Week 8||1 x 600mL||160-200g/L||600mL|
Weaning goat kids
Weaning can start when animals are a minimum of 16kg AND consuming 250g concentrates per animal per day:
- Slowly reduce concentration of Sprayfo Primo Kid milk replacer of overall volume consumed over 1-2-week period
- Continue feeding concentrates at 500g – 1kg per day for at least a month.